-2 (13-14 ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
-1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch
-1/3 cup maple syrup
-1/3 cup sugar
-1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
-1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
-1 1/2 Tablespoons whisky
graham cracker swirl
-1 cup crushed graham crackers
-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
-2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
chocolate covered caramels
-1 batch 4 ingredient caramels
1. Start by preparing ice bath: Fill two large, heat-safe mixing bowls (I don't recommend glass or plastic) that can nest together. Fill the larger of the two about one third of the way full of ice. Place the other bowl on top. Set aside.
2. Empty the entire contents of both coconut milk cans into a medium-sized pot. Remove a few tablespoons of the coconut milk liquid and place in a small bowl along with the arrowroot starch. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour the entire starch mixture back into the pot and the coconut milk, along with the maple syrup and sugar.
4. Heat over medium heat and whisk the ingredients until fully combined. Bring to a boil, whisking every minute or so. Boil for about 1 1/2 minutes, whisking slowly.
5. Pour the entire mixture into the dry bowl of your ice bath, then whisk in the vanilla and whisky and let sit until ice cold, whisking every so often. It will take at least 1 1/2 hours to fully chill, but waiting for the mixture to fully chill will improve the texture.
6. Once cold, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
7. Crush graham crackers, add sugar and oil, thoroughly mix. Set aside.
8. Prepare chocolate covered caramels according to directions.
9. Once vanilla ice cream is fully frozen according to manufacturer's directions, pour into 8x4" loaf pan or freezer-safe, sealable container.
10. Evenly spread graham cracker mixture and chocolate covered caramels over top, swirl into ice cream to evenly distribute. Press parchment paper over surface of the ice cream to prevent crystals from forming. Freeze and enjoy.
store in freezer
ice cream adapted from this recipe by Edible Perspective
-sugar: coconut sugar
-whisky: vodka (helps keep the ice cream from freezing to a rock solid state)
-brown sugar: turbinado sugar, coconut sugar, white sugar
-coconut oil: non-dairy butter