♪ Heaven.....must be missin' an angel....missin' one angel, child, 'cause you're here with me right now ♪
I was playing that song through my head as I danced around the kitchen baking these little beauties...feel free to do the same.
You may have a tough time resisting.
Just let it happen.
Lacy Florentine Crisp Cookies
makes about 1 1/2 dozen 6" cookies
-2/3 cup almond flour (or 5 ounces of almonds ground fine)
-3 Tablespoons gluten-free flour (I used white rice)
-1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
-3/4 cup sugar
-2 Tablespoons almond milk
-2 Tablespoons raw honey
-1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon vegan buttery spread
-1/2 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
optional chocolate drizzle
-3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
-1 1/2 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick baking mat.
2. Combine flours, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
3. Bring milk, honey, and vegan buttery spread to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Once boiling, remove from heat and add flour mixture to pan, stirring to combine.
4. Let mixture cool for about 20 minutes or until it thickens up a bit.
5. Drop by Tablespoonful onto lined baking sheet about 4 inches apart to account for spreading.
6. Bake in preheated oven 9-11 minutes, or until about an inch all around the edge has turned golden. Promptly remove from the oven and let sit on baking sheet 2 minutes before either rolling them or removing them from hot cookie sheet.
For rolling into cylinders:
1. Slowly peel up the edge of a cookie after it has sat on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes.
2. Using a wooden spoon handle, slowly peel up cookie and wrap it around the handle.
For chocolate drizzle:
1. Slowly melt chocolate chips and vegan buttery spread in a double broiler over medium heat.
2. Once melted, keep over low heat while you dip, spread, or drizzle cookies.
adapted from this recipe from The Gluten Free Vegan
a few optional substitutions...
-almond flour: cashew flour, oat flour
-sugar: coconut sugar
-almond milk: any plant-based milk (coconut is delicious)
-honey: maple syrup