Vegan Fried Rice and Vegetables
makes about 2-3 servings
-3/4 cup uncooked brown basmati rice
-1 Tablespoon avocado oil
-2 large carrots, chopped
-4 stalks celery, chopped
-5 stalks green onion, chopped
-1/3 cup pine nuts
-1 1/2 cups chopped cabbage or romaine
-1 1/3 cups water
-1/4 cup soyaki sauce (or 3 Tablespoons soy sauce)
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon powdered garlic
1. Chop and cube vegetables.
2. Combine rice, oils, pine nuts, and vegetables in saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Fry for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
4. Add water, soyaki and remaining spices.
5. Bring to a boil over high heat then lower to medium-high for 10-15 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked.
6. Fluff and serve.
-avocado oil: coconut oil, olive oil
-vegetables: customize according to your preferences