makes a loaf pan full of creamy goodness
Creamy Coconut Base
-14 ounce can of full fat coconut milk
-1 1/2 cup almond milk
-2/3 cup maple syrup
-2-3 Tablespoon coconut oil
-2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
-3/4 teaspoon guar gum or xanthan gum
Salted Caramel Swirl
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup vegan buttery spread
-1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
-2 Tablespoons almond milk
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
-3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
-1 cup mini pretzels (regular work too, you'll crush them later)
To Make Ice Cream Base:
1. Combine coconut milk, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, sea salt, and guar gum in blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place in ice cream maker and follow manufactures instructions.
To Make Salted Caramel Swirl:
1. In small saucepan, over medium heat, heat brown sugar, vegan buttery spread, sea salt and almond milk, stirring frequently.
2. Once mixture come together, increase heat to medium high for 1-2 minutes until it begins to boil and bubbles move to center of caramel.
3. Remove from heat and allow to sit 15-20 minutes.
To Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
1. Melt chocolate chips in double broiler over low heat (I use a glass bowl over a saucepan with water).
2. Spread pretzels evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Pour chocolate over pretzels and spread and turn with spatula until evenly coated.
4. Freeze until comeletely frozen and firm.
5. Remove from freezer and transfer chocolate covered pretzels to a large ziploc bag.
6. Use the back of a spoon to hit the pretzels until they break into small pieces.
To Assemble Salted Caramel Ice Cream:
1. Pour ice cream base into a glass loaf pan or a bowl.
2. Drizzle caramel sauce over top of ice cream and fold in chocolate covered pretzel pieces.
3. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap is pressed onto the surface of the ice cream.
adapted from this recipe