Maple Oat Pecan Scones; one of the most aromatically and deliciously pleasant ways to begin an Autumn morning...
adapted from this recipe
Makes about 8 scones
-1 cup oats (finely ground in blender or processor)
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
-1 Tablespoon baking powder
-2 1/2 Tablespoons maple sugar (or 2 Tbsp sugar + 3/4 tsp maple extract)
-2 1/2 Tablespoons cold butter or vegan buttery spread
-1 vegan egg
-1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons milk of choice
-1/4 cup pure maple syrup
-2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
-2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
-1 1/2 Tablespoons milk of choice
-1/4 cup maple sugar (or 1/4 cup powdered sugar + 3/4 tsp maple extract)
-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (this can vary depending on desired consistency, I prefer a thicker glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
2. Combine dry ingredients.
3. Cut in cold butter using pastry blender until it resembles small peas.
4. Add wet ingredients and pecans, stirring just to combine. Do not over mix!
5. Plop dough onto lined baking sheet and pat into a 8-10" circle.
6. Cut into 8 wedges.
7. Bake 13-15 minutes in preheated oven or until it turns golden around edges.
8. Combine ingredients for glaze and set aside.
9. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
10. Glaze once cool.
Slice, serve, and enjoy.