Peanut Butter cookies: a staple in our house...
Incredibly Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted from this recipe by Alaska from Scratch
makes about 2 dozen
(I bake up half the batch and freeze the rest for another day)
-1/2 cup vegan buttery spread
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 vegan egg
-1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
-1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
-1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-3/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1 1/4 cup flour
-extra sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick baking mat.
2. Cream butters and sugars.
3. Add egg and vanilla, combine.
4. Add salt, cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda, flours and starch.
5. Stir just until combined.
6. Roll by tablespoonful (or two tablespoonfuls) in sugar and plop onto lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, they may appear under-done, but they will set once taken out to cool.
8. Yields perfectly soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with the irresistible sugary crackled tops you see in bakeries.